Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Yet another....


Yet another has arrived to enter my heart.  My newest granddaughter,  Emma, arrived on August 7, 2013.  At the time of her birth, I was on a cruise ship, sailing up the east coast from New York to Canada.  The occasion was my marriage to a most wonderful man. 

I flew out to see her right after the cruise and can't explain how you can so easily fall in love with a wisp of a thing, but boy, immediately, my heart swelled with love and adoration for this little person who doesn't even know me yet.

Trips out to Colorado are not as frequent as I would like them to be.  I will try harder to get out there again real soon.  They grow up so quickly, as I can attest to with my other five grandchildren.

Thank goodness for Face Time.  I am able to keep close to Emma and hers sisters via that format.  I love our talks and time spent over the Internet.  It is wonderful.  Today I Face Timed with her and her daddy.  When he held the camera for her to see me, I watched as her eyes, wide open,  seemed to focus on the image.  I called her name and asked her if she remembered my voice.  She did seem to be listening, or maybe it was my hope that she could.

I will Face Time and watch Emma grow until I get another chance to hold her in my arms again, kiss her face and smell her scent.

Wait for me Emma.....




No comments:

Post a Comment