Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ahhh, sushi....

I am still astonished at the fact that I absolutely, positively, entirely, completely LOVE sushi.  I'm not talking about California Rolls, or Cucumber Rolls.  I'm talking about eel, tuna, salmon, spicy yellow tail, ebi, tobiko, and nato.....Okay, not nato.  I exaggerated. 

The man who was my "Man of Honor," Chuck, AKA Charlie, AKA Charlie-San, AKA Joe, is my standing sushi companion.  No matter what name I call him, the one name that never wavers is, "friend." Even despite getting married (and not to him), he and I have our "sushi dates" whenever we can. 

Tonight, I am awaiting his arrival to feast at our favorite sushi restaurant,  Hastings Sakura Garden. We trek about 40 minutes to get to this restaurant because several years ago they moved from their original location that was a mere 15 minutes away.  Let me tell you, the trek is worth it.  These people have become more than just our friends - we consider them extended family, and whenever we walk into their "home-away-from-home,"  we are made to feel that way too.  Long hours are spent perfecting the presentations and ambiance.  Great pride from all, is exuded from the moment we are greeted until we bid our farewell.  How wonderful to enjoy a meal prepared just for you and presented as if it were a one-of-a-kind "gift." 

Tonight, I think I shall have a "Summer Love Roll."  It is described as follows: Salmon, mango and crunch inside, topped with black-pepper tuna, eel, shrimp and avocado.  My mouth is watering.  The sushi chef will, as usual, offer us a specially-prepared appetizer.  Sometimes they are new creations and other times they are one of the tried-and-trues off the menu.  Either way, they are delectable and much appreciated.

I think I hear my friend's car approaching.....Time to chat away 40 minutes and then enjoy the bliss of edible art. Good food, good friends, good wine.  What more could a girl ask for?

Hummm.  I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment